August 8, 2007

hooray, stuffed animal completed

I successfully sewed my first stuffed animal today using a free pattern that I found on the net. I'll reference the site when I remember the address. What was supposed to be a lamb ended up looking like a dog (or a hybrid). Whatever floats your fancy. On the other hand, I did find good use for the sample fabrics that I cherry picked in Palo Alto. The fabric samples range from 10"x10" to 2'x2' and they're all sorts of brands from Calvin Klein to Nautica. I grabbed a garbage bag full in hopes of making a funky quilt.

I'm having a rather hard time with textures. I like to sew things that are all the same texture. It's time to change that. Time to explore and try out different textures and funky color combinations. Time to break the boundaries of my confined sewing outlook. Time to go beyond texture differences to achieve creative zen. Wow I'm cheesy. Pictures shall be posted once I get my memory card back. :)

No comments: